England in the early and middle 14th Century!
Journey to Kingsbridge, England, where 200 years ago Prior Phillip oversaw the building of the cathedral renowned as "The Pillars of the Earth." Now farmers, wool dealers, and builders seek wealth and prestige amidst a rivalry between the priory and merchants. As the plague reaches town, nothing remains as it once was.
World Without End is based on Ken Follett's best-selling novel. Strive to navigate turbulent events, ensuring and balancing your food supply, income, and prestige. Piety and loyalty remain vital, for you must cater to the upper classes. And precious medical knowledge is your greatest weapon against the Black Death. So, gather your power and spirit and rise above your rivals into legend!
- 1 game board
- 30 gold markers
- 100 cards (4 summary, 4 event, 48 action, 4 chapter)
- 57 markers (20 medical, 11 plague, 12 piety, 14 loyalty, 1 favor)
- 10 die-cut tiles (7 building project, 3 covering)
- 41 wooden resource cubes (25 wood, 15 stone, 1 metal)
- 37 wooden commodity pieces (10 grain, 15 wool, 12 cloth)
- 16 wooden house pieces
- 1 wooden start player piece
- 4 wooden scoring tokens
- 4 player screens
- 1 tax die
- Game rules
Playing Time: 90-120 mins
Publisher: Mayfair Games